This Week in Grace …
The First Word
17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price. (Revelation 22:17 ESV) We have the greatest news ever to take to the world. Jesus – the Pearl of great price – has become the salvation we have so desperately needed. Now undeserving sinners can wash their robes clean in the blood of the Lamb, and receive the right to the tree of eternal life as sons and daughters of God – based on no merit of our own. This is our mission and our call as the Bride of Christ. We are empowered by the Spirit to call the thirsty to Jesus. May we all be involved in this great purpose of making disciples.
- Porterbrook Bible Training on Saturday, September 15 at 9:30 am at 118 Chan Cres.: Deadline for applications. Application forms found HERE.
• Concert of Prayer on Sunday, September 16th. We have booked 5:30 pm. to 6:45 pm. at Hope Fellowship’s building where there is also a gym where kids can play. This is a call for the entire church family to come together for prayer and fasting as we look in humble dependance to our God to glorify Himself in and through us in the months ahead. This is shaping up to be an amazing time of worship, praise, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication by His grace and for His glory.
- C2C Cadre with Jeff Vandersteldt and Caesar Kalinowski in Edmonton on Thursday Oct. 4: This is a one day event focused on missional communities. I am going and would love to have as many join in as possible. I do not yet know the cost as online registration info has not yet been posted. I am planning to drive to Edmonton after the work day on Wed. Oct 3. The training is during the day until around 3:30 pm. We would then head back to Saskatoon that afternoon, so everyone can be home for work on Friday! Thus, you would only need to take one day off of work, and it would be a great road trip, if we travelled together. If you are interested please let Murray know.
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We have enough volunteers for Grace Kids to begin the Gospel Project! Thanks to all of you who have volunteered – clothing yourselves with fine linen – bright and pure – in preparation for that great Day! We will kick start things off this coming Sunday, Sept. 16. A schedule is posted on “grace on the city” website. If there are any issues with the schedule, please let Murray know. We will try to have a brief meeting following the concert of prayer for our Grace Kids volunteers in preparation for our “expansion”. We still could use another 3 volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to get started.
• Prayer Warriors: There is a small group that meets for prayer in the upper corner of the theatre auditorium at 9:30 am. each Sunday morning. We would love to have more join us. We do not want to be a church that gives lip service to prayer, the Gospel, and the sovereignty of God. We reveal we truly believe that God is sovereign, the Gospel is real, and that we treasure Jesus and HIs kingdom, when we pray in humble dependence for His will and glory and grace in and through us. Apart from Him we can do nothing. Unless the Lord builds the house, we labour in vain.
• Greeters: We are also looking for people willing to serve as greeters to welcome people as they enter the theatre. We could also use a person or two to serve at the welcome table to give out gospel community group info etc.
- Have you considered getting Gospel-centered Bible training at Porterbrook Saskatoon? Porterbrook is Grace Fellowship’s missional and theological training centre. Furthermore Porterbrook is for everyone! Plan on being part in 2012-2013! The training begins Sept. 15th, so the deadline for applications is fast approaching. For more information and to apply check out Porterbrook Saskatoon
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
- This Sunday our new series in the Gospel according to Mark begins. May God use this teaching series to transform us as we behold Jesus
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, All Things New, from Revelation 21-22 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21 ESV)