This Week in Grace …
The First Word
9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
(Revelation 7:9-10 ESV) What sweet words – we are clothed in white robes – justified with an “alien righteousness” – a righteousness not of our own – for salvation belongs to our God. The challenge before us is to day by day believe the Gospel of God’s free justifying grace. Daily we face attacks of self-centred refusal to believe that God’s approval of us in Christ is full and final. We tend to think too much about how we are doing, dwelling on our failures, savouring our successes, thinking about ourselves and what we need to do; and not enough time thinking about Jesus and what He has already done. Like Peter walking on the water out to Jesus – let us keep our eyes on the prize – Jesus Himself!
- Have you considered getting trained at Porterbrook Saskatoon? Porterbrook is Grace Fellowship’s missional and theological training centre. FurthermorePorterbrook is for everyone! Plan on being part in 2012-2013! For more information and to apply check out Porterbrook Saskatoon
- We were excited to have three baptisms at Pike Lake this past June, and we are hoping to be able to have more baptisms this August. We love to celebrate with others as they profess their belief in Jesus! If you’re interested in baptism please emailmurray for more information.
- This Tuesday is our Lighthouse Bible study. Information can be found HERE.
- On Thursday evening, Murray has been invited to lead an open forum Bible study for a number of young men and women. It is hosted by two good friends of Murray’s, James Olsen and Jeff Brown. If you are interested in attending, you can find out details HERE.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
- This Sunday, Sammy Whitehawk will be preaching, as Cheryl and I will be in Calgary connecting with one of the church plants we support and visiting with our son and daughter-in-law. I would encourage you to read through Revelation chapters 10-11 in preparation for our study.
- Sunday, August 5th is our next pizza lunch at the Galaxy following our worship gathering.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, The Wrath of the Lamb – Part 2, from Revelation 7-9 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation.)
From the Blog
The Last Word
““Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
(Revelation 7:12 ESV)