This Week in Grace …
The First Word
31 And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. 32 And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, “Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you.” 33 And he answered them, “Who are my mother and my brothers?” 34 And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.” (Mark 3:31-35 ESV) By the grace of God, we are His chosen people – His family – set apart to live in such a way that the world would know what He is like. Through repentance and faith in Jesus, we are granted the right to be children of God (John 1:12-13) and brothers and sisters with each other. As God’s family we see it as a blessed obligation to personally care for the needs of one another – both physically and spiritually. We disciple, nurture, and hold each other accountable to Gospel life together. We do this by regularly gathering together for celebration, consistent involvement in Gospel community, and loving others in the path of our life like the Father loved us and received us as a part of His “forever family”.
A big thank you to Sammy’s Gospel Community for their help in the set-up and take-down! Clay’s group is on for this coming week.
We are collecting monies for our benevolent fund. We want to be able to support Sanum to the tune of around $450 so that she is able to go to a mission conference in Vancouver with Power to Change during the Christmas break. As a U of S student from Ghana, we are her only family here and we want to be able to bless her. Please pass on your donations to Clay (or place them in the giving box on Sunday) and designate them for our benevolent fund. If we take in more than the $450, we will begin to build up a fund that can be accessed to gift people in need.
We are definitely going to miss Abina as she relocates to Calgary. Also, this past Sunday was Joe Garvin’s last Sunday with us until the New Year, as he gets a long awaited reunion with his wife and family in Ireland for Christmas. We are looking forward to the Burlando invasion this next Sunday, Lord willing. I am so looking forward to hearing all that God unfolded for them in their time in Mexico.
If anyone needs a ride on Sunday mornings, please call ahead and we can arrange that. Don’t let a lack of a ride be the reason you miss out!
Parents, if you have children in the Gospel Project, don’t miss the story cards and material found below that you can use at home to review the lessons with your kids!
Grace and peace,
- Prayer – Sunday mornings at 9:30 am. Join a number of us who gather at the Galaxy Theatre to pray for God’s purposes and fame each Sunday from 9:30 am until around 10:00 am. usually in theatre #6.
- Lighthouse Bible Study – Our final Bible study of 2012 will be on Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 6:45 pm at the Lighthouse. Info can be found HERE.
- Shower- Christmas Party and shower for Elijah and Cece Burlando is Sunday, Dec. 16th. Information can be found HERE.
- Christmas Pageant – Sunday, Dec. 23rd at the Galaxy. Let Murray know what you, your family, or community group will be bringing for the edification of the church family!
The Gospel Project for Grace Kids
- We still could use another couple of volunteers to round out the schedule, but we are thankful to have enough volunteers to have a great start. A big thank you to all our volunteers who set aside their own agenda to love others in this way. You are a picture of the Gospel.
- Parents’ take home letter can be found HERE. A Unit review for families can be foundHERE (Unit 3). Print off a copy to use with your child (ren) at home during the week.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, Jesus’ Foever Family s, from Mark 3:7-35 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
Make sure to update your profile on the city to help people get to know you. Include a picture (that is so helpful for everyone trying to match faces and names and family connections). Some of you have moved or have new phone numbers – please update those as well.
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
(Romans 8:15-17 ESV)