This Week in Grace …
The First Word
10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. (Revelation 12:10-11 ESV)“ Revelation chapter 12 is such an incredible reminder and wake-up call. We are in a war. We must fight to find our identity in the Gospel of Jesus who shed his blood on the cross in amazing love for us. We need to maintain an outward focus as we advance the fame and kingdom of Jesus through the Gospel message. The enemy is ever seeking to get us off mission. Busyness and self-agendas as opposed to loving others is a real problem and Jesus’ grace and goodness to us should lead us to repentance and a re-orientation of our lives; for our love of Jesus should far surpass the love of our own lives. His steadfast love is better than life and because of the Gospel, death is gain!
• Picnic at Lake Blackstrap on Sunday, August 19. Following our time at the Galaxy we are looking at spending the afternoon at Blackstrap for a picnic/barbeque, weather permitting. Enjoy swimming, boating (Lord willing), games, activities, visiting etc. – whatever you would like to plan. If you have not yet been baptized since you have believed, why not talk to Murray and we can make that happen as well.
• Concert of Prayer on Sunday, September 16th. Exact time and location are TBA. Tentatively, we are looking at 5:30 pm. to 6:45 pm. at a location that has a gym or room where kids can play. This is a call for the entire church family to come together for prayer and fasting as we look in humble dependance to our God to glorify Himself in and through us in the months ahead.
• U of S Outreach on Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 9:30 am. to 12:30 pm. We are looking for volunteers to help us set up and man the table that we have booked for the university orientation for first year students. This is a great opportunity to meet and connect with students, many of whom will be new to Saskatoon. We hope to bring awareness of Grace Fellowship and our Jesus-exalting, Gospel-centred vision. If you are interested in participating please talk to Sammy or Murray.
- Have you considered getting Gospel-centered Bible training at Porterbrook Saskatoon? Porterbrook is Grace Fellowship’s missional and theological training centre. Furthermore Porterbrook is for everyone! Plan on being part in 2012-2013! For more information and to apply check out Porterbrook Saskatoon
- Our next Lighthouse Bible study is Tuesday, Aug. 14. Information can be foundHERE.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
- This Sunday, Murray McLellan will be preaching on the mark of the beast and the mark of the Lamb. I would encourage you to read through Revelation chapter 13-14 in preparation for our study.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, The Dragon Slayer, from Revelation 12 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation.)
From the Blog
The Last Word
“17] Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
(Revelation 12:17 ESV)