This Week in Grace …
The First Word
2 And I saw what appeared to be a sea of glass mingled with fire—and also those who had conquered the beast and its image and the number of its name, standing beside the sea of glass with harps of God in their hands. 3 And they sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying,
“Great and amazing are your deeds,
O Lord God the Almighty!
Just and true are your ways,
O King of the nations!
(Revelation 15:2-3 ESV) What a day of praise towards God must it have been by the Red Sea on the side opposite Egypt, that land of slavery – the place of no hope. How much more to be among the redeemed of a far greater deliverer than Moses! Moses, as a servant of God, was used to bring about a physical deliverance from slavery. Jesus, as the Son of God Himself, brought about a deliverance from Satan, sin, death, and hell – and not only delivered us from that curse, but delivered us unto an intimate covenant relationship with Jesus – with the Father – with the Holy Spirit – into this wonderful loving fellowship where joy will increase forevermore.
- Lighthouse Bible study Tuesday, Aug. 28. Information can be found HERE.
- New Sunday Gospel Community This coming Sunday, Sept. 2, Murray’s Gospel Community Group will hold its first Sunday afternoon gathering. We will have a potluck lunch at the Forestry Farm immediately following our time at the Galaxy Theatre. Everyone is welcome to join with us. (If the weather is poor, we will be meeting at Murray and Cheryl’s at 118 Chan Cres.)
- Concert of Prayer on Sunday, September 16th. We have booked 5:30 pm. to 6:45 pm. at Hope Fellowship’s building where there is also a gym where kids can play. This is a call for the entire church family to come together for prayer and fasting as we look in humble dependance to our God to glorify Himself in and through us in the months ahead.
- U of S Outreach on Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 9:30 am. to 12:30 pm. We are looking for volunteers to help us set up and man the table that we have booked for the university orientation for first year students. This is a great opportunity to meet and connect with students, many of whom will be new to Saskatoon. We hope to bring awareness of GraceFellowship and our Jesus-exalting, Gospel-centred vision. If you are interested in participating please talk to Sammy, Clay, or Murray.
- Pizza Lunch. Our next pizza lunch at the Galaxy will be on Sunday, Sept. 9th.
- Grace Kids: We are looking for just 3 more volunteers to serve (once every 6 weeks) in our Kid’s ministry. We are planning to begin the “Gospel Project” – a Gospel-centered children’s program as soon as we have 24 committed adult volunteers. We currently have 21. (Thanks to those who have just recently stepped up to volunteer!) We will continue to have our nursery in the Party Rooms in the Galaxy, but will be running the Gospel Project in one of the theatres for the older children – from around ages 3-8. Thus, we need a minimum of 4 workers each week.
- Moving: Cody and Ashley could use some help moving on Wednesday. I believe they are starting around 9:00 am. Contact Cody or Ashley for details.
- Greeters: We are also looking for people willing to serve as greeters to welcome people as they enter the theatre.
- Have you considered getting Gospel-centered Bible training at Porterbrook Saskatoon? Porterbrook is Grace Fellowship’s missional and theological training centre. Furthermore Porterbrook is for everyone! Plan on being part in 2012-2013! The training begins Sept. 15th, so the deadline for applications is fast approaching. For more information and to apply check out Porterbrook Saskatoon
- Welcome table and book table: The past three Sundays, you may have noticed that I set up a welcome table outside the theatre entrance. We will have church brochures, Gospel Community Group booklets and info, partnership info, etc at this table. I thought it would be easier for new-comers to be directed to a table for information about Grace.
- We will also have a few Gospel-centered books for people to sign out on loan – a mobile library. Why buy when you can borrow? If you are interested in helping out at the welcome table, please let Murray know.
- Have you been connecting with us, and believe God is calling you to be a part of Grace Fellowship. Consider making it “official” and partnering with us. You can find out more about partnering with us HERE.
- Prayer: We would love to increase our numbers of those gathering at 9:30 am. on Sundays to pray. Mary-Ann has been taking leadership in this, for which we are very thankful. I don’t think we can ever say, we are praying too much. It is such a privilege to be allowed to pray for God’s purposes together, knowing this is His will for us, and His delight to respond in amazing ways for His name’s sake.
- This Sunday, Murray McLellan will be preaching on “the marriage supper of the Lamb.” I would encourage you to read through Revelation chapter 19-20 in preparation for our study.
Gospel Community Group Life
This week’s message, The Greater Exodus , from Revelation 15-18 is online. You can get the community group discussion questions in pdf there as well.
Not in a Community Group? We have groups that meet in various places in the city. To get plugged-in connect with us here.
The City Helps
(If you’re not on The City yet click here to get an invitation. You must enter “kiosk” as the user name and “jesussaves” as the password)
From the Blog
The Last Word
14 They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”
(Revelation 17:14 ESV)